PE and Sport Premium funding is provided by the DfE to improve the quality of PE and Sport activities we offer. It is not to be used for everyday costs, but instead is intended to contribute towards our long-term improvement plan.
The DfE suggests that we use our funding to:
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in school games
- run sports activities with other schools
Our Sports Premium Plan for 2017-18 is currently being finalised, as we have a decision to make as to whether to channel funds into a Multi-Use Games Area or develop our indoor equipment and provision. This will be discussed at our governors' meeting on 9th October 2017.