Welcome to Violet Class
Mile Challenge: Wednesdays Indoor PE: Thursdays Outdoor PE: Fridays
Teacher: Mrs Brookwood
TAs: Mrs Crossley, Mrs Sheen and
What a week! We've tasted; we've sampled healthy salad ingredients, and loved or loathed them; we've planned, based on our findings; and finally, we prepared.
We've learnt safe chopping techniques like claw and bridge grips. We can now peel and prepare. And, Mums and Dads, we proved we can even clean up after ourselves!
Thanks to Cathedral Academy, we got to create our masterpieces in a proper food technology kitchen and feel like proper chefs!
At the end of the afternoon, Mrs Tilly, who used to be a professional chef, wowed us with her chopping talents - she's a kitchen ninja!
Autumn Term Topic
Our first topic in year 6 is The World Wars. We will be studying World Wars One and Two.
Things we will be investigating throughout the term:
- Life in the trenches
- The Blitz
- The role of women during the war
- Daily life for children during the war
Our Class Charter
- We will respect other pupils, staff and visitors by treating others as we like to be treated.
- We will never give up trying, even if we find things hard.
- We will be helpful, kind and polite members of the school community.
- We will always try our best, persevere and be resilient.
- We will always take pride in the things we do.
Eden Camp - October 2018
Violet Class had a great time exploring the WW1 and WW2 huts at Eden Camp. It was a fantastic opportunity to discover what life might have been like for soldiers and civilians during the two World Wars. We were impressed by the huge tanks and guns, and we enjoyed testing out what it would be like in an Anderson or Morrison Shelter during an air raid!