Reception Red 2019-2020
Welcome to Red Class!
The adults in Red Class are Mrs Padget, Miss Hague, Mrs Coates, Miss Ferguson and Mrs Reid.
In Red class, we adopt a learning through play ethos, where children can develop fine and gross motor skills, life experiences and speaking and listening.
It has been so lovely to see how quickly the children have settled in to school and we have been so busy already! We have started the Read Write Inc. program which teaches sounds, red words and blending. To encourage fine motor skills, we have also begun the Start With Art program where the children colour, cut and stick to make pictures. We have got lots of exciting things coming up for the rest of this term too!
- On Monday 7th October we will be celebrating Grandparents' Day by inviting grandparents into school to share photographs and memories with the children.
- We have a poet coming to visit and lead a workshop with us on 1st October.
- We are going on a trip to Meanwood Valley Urban Farm to find out about the animals and where our food comes from.
- M&M Productions are returning to school for a performance of Peter Pan.
- We will be performing our Harvest celebrations to parents on Thursday 24th October.
- Books are changed weekly on Thursdays and Fridays.
- PE is every Friday. PE kit is a white polo t shirt and black shorts.
Here are some of the books we recommend and will be reading with the children over the course of the year. These books are linked to our topics and it would be great if you could read some of these with your child at home. Our Reading Champion, Mrs Reid, will also be enjoying lots of books based around this theme with the children!